Day 14: Sightseeing in San Fran

Today we did some sightseeing and made pizza.

Lt. Wharf, full seal ahead


So much to do, so much to see

After working out the crowds for the shower, a group set out via Uber to get out to Fisherman's Wharf. Importantly, while there, we also got In-n-Out.

It was surprisingly good

That was mostly on the insistence of Ryan and Matt, but I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was reasonably priced and tasted better than McDonalds, so that's a win in my book. We also got to stop by a Krispy Kreme, which may not sound that important, but I haven't even seen a Krispy Kreme in quite a few years, so it was pretty cool.

If you see the giant doughnut sculpture, you're in the right place.

After lunch, we stopped by a few of the shops that were around, just for fun. Unfortunately, none of us had $22,500 to drop on the eagle sculpture, and it would have been a little hard to get back on the place.

This could be yours, for the low price of $22,500

After doing our souvenir shopping, we walked along the piers, enjoying the view of the bay. We even got to see the sea lions lounging around in one of the marinas.

You're gonna need a bigger boat...

If you look closely, you can see Alcatraz

Water dogs! Er, I mean, sea lions!

SKOL-no!

After we had our fill of sightseeing, we caught an Uber back to our house, because the other guys wanted to watch the Vikings game. Four quarters and much profanity later, the Vikings lost. Badly. Personally, I don't really have a preference for who wins and loses, but it would have been cool to see the Vikings play at home for the Super Bowl. Oh well. Just another case of one team sportsing harder than the other team.

Is it pizza time yet?

Luckily, we were able to compensate for a disappointing game with homemade pizzas for dinner. Well, they weren't homemade insomuch as they were home-assembled pizzas. Still, it was fun to assemble, and they tasted good. I ended up making a pizza with sausage, pepperoni, ham, onions, and mushrooms. I think I heard that we have enough materials for a pizza night part 2, so that's going to be something to look forward to.

After pizza, we were all tired, so we ended up lounging around and watching Ratatouille. Tomorrow will be another light day, or at least I think. I'm not sure what exactly is on the agenda, but whatever happens, I'm sure it will be a good time.

Comments

Popular Posts